seQure, a business unit of Arithmos, takes a look at the challenges that have occurred in the field of pharmacovigilance following new ICH Guideline.
Pharmacovigilance always provides new challenges. The recent change is the new E2B (R3).
Further more, the exchange of security information has moved from paper to electronic format as a result of European regulation. Electronic submission is still made according to E2B (R2) specifications but in May of 2005, the ICH released a revised guideline: the E2B (R3). The exchange through the specifications of the E2B (R3) was published in 2015 and became effective in July 1, 2016. This change affects both the Pharmacovigilance and regulatory departments and will require modifications to comply with these requirements.
The main differences between the E2B (R2) and E2B (R3) integrated ICSR IG EU are different and have brought a new structure, new requirements and additional fields in the following activities:
- mandatory use of causality assessment through SUSARs. This method of assessment should provide evaluation and EU result of the Assessment. The same assessment is used in E2B (R2), with the free text fields, while in E2B (R3) these fields are controlled by origin, method and result of the assessment, according to ISO ICSR.
- amendment Reports: if you need a fix, or we need to attach a document, this can now be willing and sending can be made late.
- Attachments: the E2B (R3) allows attachments such as literature articles or other documentation (e.g., autopsy reports or copies of laboratory results) to be incorporated in the ICSR XML format, whereas previously it was not possible.
- The information is moved depending on the level, which varies from case to case depending on the severity, medical requirements and confirmation of the occurrence of the country.
- Characterization of the role of the drug as “Drug not administered” that can be used to subscribe to events to highlight cases of medical errors.
- Additional data fields and or codes for the identification of medicinal products.
All these changes will lead to a major impact that will lead companies to change their basis of data security. Organizations will have to plan the changes of the processes in the advance, in such a way that they are capable of performing both observations E2B (R2) that E2B (R3). In addition the above changes will affect the SOP and procedural documents as well as PSMF. Significant then the retraining of all personnel involved in the process.
We are Business and Technology experts in the Life Science industry.
We help companies to gain the best business value through technology-enabled solutions. With our business units seQure and The CQA Company, we provide Quality Compliance and Consulting services.
We deliver solutions and services for:
- Pharmacovigilance and Safety
- Regulatory Document Management
- Reporting & Analytics
- Cloud Services
- IT Services
- Quality Management
- Computer System Validation
- Regulatory Affairs
Our industry-leading experts combine the knowledge of processes and technologies to implement your digital strategy, enable rapidly scale-up along with fulfilling oversight, governance, and compliance requirements.
We support your:
- Digital Transformation
- Business Process Re-engineering
- System Integration
- Data-Driven Management